Portable Document Format also known as PDF is simply a file format used to present documents in a manner independent of application software, hardware and operating systems. It was developed by Adobe and is a widely used format for exchanging secured documents. PDF has various advantages associated with itself like it’s simple to create, highly secured, easily compresses large file and is highly portable.
At times we come across situation to edit a PDF, and wonder how to edit PDF file. Well this can be done by using an Adobe Acrobat or one of various online PDF editor available for free. Here we will see both the ways to edit a PDF file:
Editing a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat
- Open the file in a PDF Acrobat Software
- Search for edit PDF tool tab
- Now click on the image or text you wish to edit, and make changes as you desire
Editing a PDF file using an Online PDF editor (in this article we are using PDFescape)
- Upload the PDF file you wish to edit.
- It will open in the PDFescape software.
- On the left hand tab you can use Insert, Annotate or Page tab as per your requirement.
- The Insert tab allows you to add text, image or link to the existing document. In case you would like to add a form there is an option to do so as well.
- The Annotate tab allows you to add sticky note, highlight, strikeout or underline a text.
- Finally the Page tab helps you to rotate and crop the document.
Once the edition is done you can easily download the file using the save and download PDF button. In case you would like to password protect your file you can do so by the view document security tab.