All Apple devices be it iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. have a unique number mentioned on it. This number is known as the Serial Number. Other than this unique number all Apple devices with cellular connections also have unique IMEI, MEID, CDN and ICCID numbers on them. In case you would like to find the iPhone serial number or any of the other unique numbers mentioned above irrespective of the model be it iPhone 6, 5, 4 or 3. You can get all these numbers by the following ways:
Check the iPhone serial number info on the device itself
- Open your iPhone and go to Settings
- Under Settings go to General and then to About section
- Under About section you will see the serial number of your iPhone
- Also Read: Learn to identify your iPhone models
Check the serial number on iPhone using iTunes
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and open iTunes
- Click on iPhone icon in the iTunes (in case you have connected iPad or iPod it will say the same)
- Click on the Summary tab and you will see the details like the Serial number etc.
Having a serial number is very useful while you are looking for a repair of your iPhone or any other Apple device (Ultimate Guide: iPhone repair support by Apple). The serial number also provides info on whether your iPhone is covered under warranty or not. It will also be required to book your appointment for a repair on any of the Apple repair centres.
- Also Read: How to do a quick iPhone warranty check
- Also Read: Get an iPhone insurance and save high cost of repair