How to restore iPhone?
If you are facing any issues with the software’s in your iPhone or iPad then restoring your device to factory settings will make it as good as a new one. You should also restore your device if you are selling it as this will save you from unknowingly passing your data to someone you do not even know. There are two easy ways which you can learn how to restore iPhone and iPad one is restoring your iPhone using iCloud and the second one is using iTunes.
Before restoring your iPhone you may want to take the backup of your device. If you think that your iPhone does not have too important data in it, and you are good without back-up then you can simply delete the data and restore your iPhone. In case you want to backup the data on your iPhone or iPad you can do it by backing it up either on iTune or iCloud.
Restore iPhone from iCloud:
- Once you have erased all content from your iPhone using Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings.
- In case of a new iPhone the iOS setup assistant will ask to set up the phone as a new phone or to restore the settings from the backup
- In the case where you have already taken the backup in iCloud you should select Restore From iCloud Backup
- Punch in your iCloud id and password which is same as your Apple id
- Choose the backup you want to restore
- Once the backup starts it will show you the estimated time left to completely restore the backup to your iPhone
- To check whether the backup is finished or not you should got to Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup to check it.
Also Read: 21 Tips to increase iPhone battery life
Also Read: How to reset iphone
Restore iPhone using iTunes
- Plug the device to the computer on which you have your backup.
- Launch iTunes if it does launches itself automatically after connecting the iPhone
- You will be able to see the name of your device under the “Devices” heading which confirms that your device is connected
- While initially downloading and configuring iTunes to your system if you had set the settings to Sync when your device gets connected then you will see that the moment you connect your iPhone the iTunes will automatically start syncing the new data in your iPhone
- If you do not have this setting ON then you can do it now by clicking on the “Sync” button. This will manually sync all the data on your iPhone to the iTunes.
- Now click on Restore button in the summary section. This will give a notification that by restoring you will lose all data on your device so it is better you back it up.
- If you have already done this then click the restore button once again and the process will start.
- Once the restoration of the iPhone is over it will restart on its own. Now you need to get back your data and settings.
- On the screen you will see an option to “Restore from backup” click on it and the process to restore your data and settings that you had backed up will start.
- This can take several minutes do not disconnect your phone from your PC or iTunes at anytime during the whole process.
- Your iPhone is now restored.
Also Read: Learn to identify your iPhone models