Find my iPhone is a feature in all Apple devices. This feature is helpful in case you would like to trace your lost iPhone or any other Apple device of yours. You could come across situations when you would have to turn off find my iPhone (a.) You are giving away or selling your iPhone (b.) In case you are giving it for repair to Apple support stores (Also Read: iPhone repair support by Apple Ultimate Guide).
You can turn off find my iPhone directly from your device. Following the simple steps below:
- Open Settings tab on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to iCloud.
- Also Read: All you want to know about iCloud
- Under iCloud you will see find my iPhone. If the button is green slide it to turn it off.
- It will ask you to log-in to the iCloud account using your Apple id.
- Once you provide the log-in find my iPhone is Turned Off
How to turn off find my iPhone/ Mac on a Mac
- Choose Apple menu
- Go to system preferences
- Click iCloud, then deselect Find My Mac
In case you face any problem while turning off find my iPhone then you can completely turn off iCloud. You can also turn off your device and then go to iCloud, and then remove find my iPhone from there.
- Also Read: Apple iCloud Keychain: Ultimate Guide