Apple has provided its customers a basic level password management tool named iCloud Keychain. With iCloud Keychain you can save account names, passwords, credit card info in iCloud. Read further to know how to activate and use it:
- Click on Settings and go to iCloud.
- When you scroll down you will see iCloud Keychain. Turn it ON.
- It will prompt to log-in to iCloud using Apple id and password. If you do not have an iCloud account you can create it using your Apple id.
Also Read: How to create Apple id?
- Next you will be asked to choose whether you want to keep the iPhone passcode as iCloud Security Code or want to create a separate one. This code can be used to set up iCloud Keychain on any other Apple device that you may have.
- After punching the passcode you will have to add a phone number on which you can receive SMS message. This will be used to identify your identity while using iCloud Security Code.
Also Read: iCloud for windows a boon to PC users
- You can now see that your iCloud Keychain is activated and will start functioning smoothly.
- For it to be functional completely you should now visit iPhone Settings and click on Safari. Under this click on Passwords and AutoFill.
- Scroll down further and add your Credit Card information for future usage.
Is iCloud Keychain Safe?
The data in iCloud Keychain is protected by 256-bit AES encryption. However, there are some cautions. iCloud Keychain does not have a master password which means once anyone logs into your iPhone that person has access to all your id, password and credit card details. So, you will have to decide whether you want to avoid storing credit card details in it and just use for other common passwords.